11 NOVEMBER, 2020
Perhaps unsurprisingly, we find ourselves heading into yet another lockdown. With the changeability of the current situation ever present and few things truly certain, it’s completely natural to feel stressed and anxious. The relationship between stress, our overall wellbeing and skin is a complex one; a rise in cortisol can negatively impact our skin by disturbing our sebum regulation.
Facials are routinely hailed for their ability to calm, soothe and relieve tension as well as rebalancing our complexions but with hairdressers and beauty salons colour, the only type of facial we’ll be experiencing are the DIY variety.
With this in mind 001 Skincare have put together a 5-Step facial you can do from the comfort of your own home to soothe the most stressed out of complexions by balancing sebum production , treating the root cause of blemishes and stimulating relaxation.
Begin by cleansing your face to create the perfect base for your soothing facial. Reach for our Exfoliating & Conditioning Silk-Gel Cleanser, which deeply cleanses and gently exfoliates to dissolve excess sebum, surface dirt and dead skin cells. It’s full of wonder ingredients like Lactic Acid, Allantoin, Salicylic Acid and Bulgarian Rose to leave your skin cleansed, balanced and rejuvenated.
- Using up to 6 drops, work into a lather between damp hands before massaging your face with slow, circular motions and rinse off with warm water.
Follow with a gentle exfoliating peel; perhaps we’re biased but our favourite is our Resurface & Radiance Hydro-Lipids Micro-Peel. Loaded with antioxidants, fruit enzymes and healing elixir Cica to leave your skin radiant, refined and nourished. Enzymes from pineapple and mango exfoliate dead skin cells and refine pores, Cica helps to heal acne scars and diminish wrinkles and Aloe and Oat Lipids soothe, hydrate and moisturise.
- Apply a generous layer of this zingy, nourishing peel over your face and neck, careful to avoid the delicate eye area and wipe away with a damp cloth after 5-10 minutes. Finish with a refreshing splash of cool water and pat dry.
Really ramp up your at home facial with our CRYO-Flash Facial Set, consisting of our Alpha Glow Flash Facial Serum-Primer-Mask and a CRYOpress®.
We recommend beginning by applying Alpha Glow over the whole face then rolling the CRYOpress® over. The serum is enriched with a plethora of skin-saving actives to boost hydration, soothe inflammation, increase elasticity and promote collagen production. It is incremental to pair the CRYO treatment with this serum as the viscosity and consistency is specially designed to work in tandem with the unique 001 beauty gadget to promote the best possible permeation, we have tested and measured the efficacy when paired to ensure the highest results.
Promoting lymphatic drainage and blood circulation, the CRYOpress® promises to keep skin healthy and glowing, from the outside and within. With its sustained temperature of -8 to 2.5°C , the CRYOpress® uses ice therapy to increase blood flow by pumping oxygen and nutrients to the skin and keep your face looking healthy and youthful. When the gadget comes into contact with your face, the stark coldness will increase microcirculation and encourage cell growth and collagen production while flushing out toxins.
- Massage onto your face for about 5 to 15 minutes; the longer the better to get the glow you’re looking for. Use the roller back and forth, working around your different facial contours for an uplifting effect. Rolling down helps send the toxins built up in the face towards the centre of the body where they can be detoxified. The cold temperature is massively soothing, relieving tension and stimulating relaxation.
Follow with our pioneering 4-in-1 Sebum & Redness Neutralising Water Shield; carefully formulated for hybrid usage as a blemish treatment, water-cream, primer and overnight mask. For our 5-step facial we’ll be using this product as a mask. This deeply nourishing shield utilises a potent combination of blemish-busting actives such as anti-bacterial, soothing and astringent Grapeseed, Blackcurrant, Eucalyptus, Rosemary and Bergamot.
- Apply a generous layer and massage in any residual mask after 15 minutes.
The grand finale to any facial is a light, nourishing moisturiser. Our newly launched Zinc & Protein A+ Clarifying Comfort Cream is the ultimate skin comforter. Rich in Zinc Oxide, Sandalwood and Cranberry Oil to address blemishes and irritation, it also contains a complex of proven hydrators and proteins to perform cross-layer moisturising, regulate sebum production, renew cells and repair the skin’s barrier.
- Apply evenly across the face, neck and décolleté, massaging in circular motions and taking deep breaths in and out to reap the full benefits of it’s full bodied natural delicate Sandalwood, Geranium & Rose scent. End with gentle presses for ultimate relaxation and soothing.
Taking some time out of your day to nurture your body, mind and skin couldn’t feel more essential. The value of adopting some self-love and care rituals is something that shouldn’t be undermined. Be sure to keep an eye on our Instagram, where we will be uploading regular tutorials and going live with more facial, skincare and wellness techniques to utilise this lockdown. Be kind to your skin and mind this lockdown.