Position Title: Supply Chain & Product Development Specialist
Department: Supply Chain & NPD
Reports to Title: Founder
Location: London, UK
Position Level: Manager
Employment Status: Part Time
The Supply Chain and Product Development Specialist will work closely with the Founder and Marketing in keeping with market trends and oversee NPD cycles including sourcing ingredients for existing and new product developments. The post holder will also manage stock level and production to fulfill our expanding volumes across regions. You should have the ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and support the wider team to deliver a seamless process for the supply chain management.
Key to the success of the role will be the ability to implement, communicate, and influence at various levels where the Manager will use their skills to work with external suppliers to secure cost-efficient ingredients, packaging, warehouse, and stock. All tasks should be approached with a continuous improvement philosophy with the post holder expected to identify improvements and manage process changes as we seek opportunities to drive efficiencies.You will be a key member of the 001 Skincare team and will be responsible for supporting the successful launch of new and improved products ensuring best, sustainable supply chains are in place, forecasting and planning new product supply strategies and development and communication of forecasted purchase plan to the global supply base.
- Create and improve upon the company’s supply chain and logistics strategy.
- Lead team in analyzing data from inventory, production, shipping, and delivery to find potential or current bottlenecks.
- Lead team in maintaining inventory, invoices, and purchase order records.
- Creative in problem-solving and finding simple solutions.
- Communicate and negotiate with suppliers and vendors to achieve economically optimized deals.
- Lead team in keeping track of vendors, fulfillment centers, and inventory KPIs.
- Lead supply chain management and introduce new/effective systems to monitor stock & COGs
- Develop supply plans and lead the team to issue purchase orders, and manage appropriate inventory levels in support of forecasted demand for new product launch items
- Conduct periodic review meetings with Sales, Marketing, and Demand Planners to review inventory supply plan and current stock levels for new launch items
- Expedite and monitor production and shipments as needed to maintain appropriate inventory in support of actual and planned demand
- Follow established inventory policies, guidelines, and approvals
- Lead team to review customer orders and forecasts and adjust supply plans accordingly ensuring supply/demand information in the system is accurate
- Develop, maintain, and communicate a planned purchase forecast to the global supply base facilitating the planning of their long lead-time raw materials for all active items
- Assist with raw material supply issues with Global suppliers, both 001 & vendor-supplied, to help manage/reduce lead times and high MOQs
- Lead team to monitor supplier-owned raw material inventories for NPD items to ensure appropriate supply to support forecast within agreed lead times reducing the risk of excess and obsolete inventories
- Interface with appropriate personnel regarding engineering change requests and the resulting impact on the current product supply plan for new product launch items
Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree, preferably in Supply Chain, Business, or other relevant fields
- 3+ years of experience in Procurement, Supply Chain, Materials Management/Planning
- New product introduction experience
- Proven track record in procurement and sourcing
- Start-up experience
- Senior position in operations/supply chain
- Experience with systems implementation
- Experience in leading a team
- Thorough understanding and real-world application of Supply and Demand Planning strategies
- Experience working with British suppliers
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time and to prioritize according to critical needs
- Intermediate Excel and basic Word skills
- Sound-related experience
- Skincare and beauty experience
- Start-up experience preferable
If you're interested in joining us, please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com with subject "Recruitment"